Monday, November 17, 2008

Rear End Outer Layer

This week's work was completely straightforward because it continued the work done last week. The main order of business was to weld on the outer layer of the patch I started on last week But before getting to that I spent a few minutes mounting the E9 wall clock I picked up on EBay. Would you believe I did not get a picture of it? Maybe next time.

It was the E9 club badge I wrote about a few weeks ago that got me thinking about how my corner of the shop looks. Dreary, for sure. The bay is, well, just a bay. It would not be so bad if there was a beautiful car parked in it. Like beautiful women, a beautiful car can overcome a host of minor flaws. Likewise a plain car generates few expectations. A once beautiful car turned ugly, though, is depressing. This is why I bought the clock. To compensate, to cheer the place up. It's not as if I constantly need to know what time it is.

So the first real work was to drill a bunch of holes to spot weld the patch through. Good thing I bought that new set of drill bits! next I wiped down both mating surfaces with acetone and shot them with Weld-Thru Primer - a.k.a. Weld-Thru Coating. after that is was just a matter of welding it on.
BMW111608-01BMW111608-02
BMW111608-03BMW111608-04

No comments: