Started off working on the Europa's RH wind shield wiper arm. The rivet holding the solid outer part to the formed sheet metal inner part broke, due to corrosion. This released all tension of the spring. Once I had the old rivet drilled out I went shopping at Redline and Checkers, neither carries rivets. Finding one could be difficult.
Back at the E9 I marked a low spot at the LH front corner which has some rust damage that could be repaired with fiberglass applied from the outside. I thought I might get a layer on today, but time ran out and I think I'll wait until after the welding is done.
The rest of the day was spent doing to the RH nose what I did last week to the LH side. I tried a new flapper wheel sander on the CP grinder; it cut through bondo really well but wore out rather quickly. Removal of the side marker light revealed more bad wiring, as I have come to expect. Some PO even used a tap to splice one of the light wires. No wonder the electric gave me so much trouble!
The big disappointment here is the bad fit of the nose section at both sides. Looks like damage repair, a poor job of splicing on a new nose. I'll just have to make the best of it.