I went back to removing the heater. Removed the plastic flex tubing, one clamp each side (one end not clamped). Disconnected the wires from the brake light switch. Removed the fan motor, which does not turn. Removed the four 10mm nuts that should have released the heater. Had to tap with hammer and pry with screwdriver, finally came free. But not out.
Some of the heater control cables run over the bar that sports the glove box. The bar is attached with brackets, with two Phillips head screws on the outboard end. One screw is frozen. It does not look rusted, so the problem is probably whatever it is screwed into. Even an impact tool would not budge it. Shot it with PB Blaster and called it a day.
Last week I sent some money to England for new door skins. Shipping what it is these says I'll be lucky if they arrive by spring.
The Lotus is going to need a new water pump. A big job on that motor. I would like to have the doors fixed on the E9 before I push it outside to make room for the Lotus this summer.
posted from Bloggeroid