Today was about finding the correct shape for all those compound curves at the nose. Along the way I decided to remove all of the remaining rusty bolts from the aluminum trim piece. Before I began I did a left - center - right photo sequence to document my starting point.
The first thing to do was shape the curves at the LH corner. I took a serious of photos to show how the shape gradually appears.
I have been using the aluminum trim piece as a guide for shaping the nose, which appears to have been moved rearward here and there. Getting the bolts to line up with the holes was a time waster, so I decided to remove them. They slide along the grove to a wide spat midway between center and each end. All the bolts are rusty and the aluminum is corroded. In some cases it took a shot of PB Blaster. One had to be ground out.
After getting the LH side as good as I could I worked on the rest of the nose. There are some ups and downs on both sides, but the RH side especially.
I ended the day with an application of TECHNIFILL in some places and POR-15 Epoxy Filler in others.