Sunday, July 27, 2008

Too hard too fast

Another short note about a busy day. Today I finished cutting notches in the last patch and painted the underside of all three with 3M Weld-Thru Primer. I decided to do the hard part first, the farthest to the right. As I set up to weld I realized that the curvature of the patch still did not quite match the opening, but I thought I could pull it into place. I tacked it into place at the outboard end and used a small vice-grips plier to hold the inboard end in position. Just when I got it right the tack welds broke. I'll have to try again next week.

Three finished patches, bottom view -- the solid edge will be vertical, on the bottom.

BMW072708-01.JPG

Flipped around 180 deg. so you are looking at the top with left-right reversed.

BMW072708-02.JPG

Underside painted with 3M Weld-Thru Primer

BMW072708-03.JPG

No comments: