Saturday, November 5, 2011

Finally got RH nose under control

BMW111105-01
I never did make it in during the week, as I had hoped, so I had to start by applying filler on the low spot I found last week.
BMW111105-02 BMW111105-03
While the filler set I worked on the LH door. I discovered there were no fasteners holding on the wood trim panel. I just tapped it up and free with a candy hammer. I also removed the window lift motor. Note the one short bolt in the photo.
BMW111105-04
When the filler was ready I spent what time I had smoothing it and the surrounding area. I went ahead and applied a coat of etching primer and a coat of white enamel even though the area is not ready or finish paint. This coat is there as a moisture barrier, to prevent new rust while I work elsewhere.

No comments: