Sunday, September 5, 2010

Still on the nose

Football season is back. When I arrived at the shop I tweeted that nobody was there. (You can follow me @garydunn808.) Later on a couple of guys showed up. Maybe it makes sense to close on Sundays.

Very little to write about today, only because it was a lot like last week. Sand, fill, sand some more. By the end of the day I was covered in dust and my arms were sore. I guess that's what days off are for.

BMW100905-01 BMW100905-02 BMW100905-03

BMW100905-04

In the end, both sides looked a lot nicer.

Starting to design a tool to shape the roundel opening. Looked around for raw materials but the shop was cleaned recently and all sorts of cool junk was tossed. One piece should bolt to the roundel mounting holes and establish a center, a second piece should turn on the center and establish the edge. What to use for that, given I have no lathe?

No comments: