Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sick day, just a little done

Last week I came down with a flu bug. I've had worse. Previously I had decided to attend a friend's music school recital, so I got a late start on the car and quit early.

As if that weren't bad enough, the last batch of TECHNIFILL I applied last week did not quite kick off. Sanding it just produced balls of sticky stuff that clogged the sandpaper. It all had to come off.

I think I finally have the height right. There is a tricky high spot just to the right of the roundel recess. Still need to fabricate the roundel recess shaper.

The next patch should be easy. Two or three parallel bends. It will need to extend to reinforce the grill mounting tab.

This is how it looked at the end of the day, and a detail of the roundel recess.

BMW100912-01 BMW100912-02 BMW100912-03
BMW100912-04

No comments: