Monday, September 3, 2007

Never enough time

For the second Sunday I did not get anything done on the E9, and I'm afraid this trend may continue for a few more weeks. My daily driver, a 97 Dodge Caravan, starting loosing water at an alarming rate. I traced it to the water pump and Sunday before last I replaced that and the accessory drive belt. Water consumption went way down, but not right. The radiator cap looked like it had gone through the war so I replaced that. Having pressure exposed a crack in the radiator header tank, so last Sunday was new radiator day.

The water pump was easy, but the radiator is a beast. In fact it's still not out. Extrodinarily bad design with no thought to maintenance. My Toyota Camry radiator required less than an hour.

On the 16th is the Na Wahine triathlon, which my wife is doing, and on the 30th I'll be doing the Honolulu Century Ride. Two Sundays with no car work. Oh well, better than sitting on the sofa watching Law and Order re-runs.

No comments: