Saturday, January 22, 2011

A return to E9 nose sculpture

After eight weeks doing something else on Saturday morning I finally got back to work on the E9. The advantage to having this blog and a smart phone is that I could go back and read my last E9 post to see where to begin.

One of the things I was doing was raising some low spots around the center grill opening, using POR-15 Epoxy Filler and Technifill. I had a problem with the Technifill hardener being old, so on my way to the shop I stopped by Redline for a new tube.



As it turned out I never got to use it. I spent the whole morning sanding.





I was afraid that some of the Technifill would not set up. Eight weeks is a long time, but there was a spot above the LH bumper mount that was sticky. It took awhile but I got it off.








Other than that it was a matter of sculpting away the lumps and bumps to reveal the correct shape lurking within.

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Gary Dunn said...

Drove the van to work this morning. No overheating. Drive home will be a better test. The windshield wipers did come on once, same old story with the flakey switch. Not sure I want to spend $100+ on a new switch.